The post Azamara Enhances Land Programming with National Geographic Guided Excursions appeared first on TD (Travel Daily Media) Brand TD.
With the addition of National Geographic day trips, Azamara, the small-ship cruise operator known for its Destination Immersion and Extended Destination Days, is expanding its extensive shore programming.
Beginning this month, Azamara will offer nine different National Geographic Day Tours in partnership with Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services. This global cruise ground handler collaborates with National Geographic to create and operate these experiences. Through the unrivalled content and research of National Geographic, Azamara gives guests an insider’s perspective on each location’s conservation, culture, and history.
“Our Azamara guest is constantly seeking new ways to explore different cultures and destinations through educational and immersive travel,” explained Paul Chapple, Azamara’s Head of Land Product Development and Operations. Intercruises and National Geographic help us provide our guests exclusive access to hands-on cultural experiences, adventures steeped in expertise, and meaningful explorations.”
“We have had the privilege of working with Azamara for many years, and we understand the high expectations regarding quality, cultural authenticity, and local immersion for their shore programming.” Virginia Quintairos, the director of business development for Intercruises shoreside and port services, said. “Our new partnership with Azamara will allow us to provide National Geographic Day Tours, which are “truly unique and original experiences,” bringing guests “closer to the destination than ever before.”
Day excursions offered by National Geographic authentically capture the spirit of discovery that the magazine has spread throughout the world for more than 135 years. National Geographic-trained guides guide each tour and follow the criteria of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council.
Azamara’s Extended Destination Days, providing ten or more hours in port, allow guests to enjoy a National Geographic Day Tour and explore even further, aided by newfound knowledge.
Highlights of the nine National Geographic Day Tours offered by Azamara include:
- Finding a New Home in Amsterdam, From Struggle to Resilience: In Amsterdam, Netherlands, guests will stroll Amsterdam’s vibrant streets and cruise its canals as they hear the incredible first-hand stories of the city’s immigrants and refugees. The guided tour will paint a vivid picture of their experience and community in Amsterdam, concluding with a meal prepared by chefs from around the world, transcending borders through the universal language of food.
- Sancocho, from Monk’s Legacy to National Delight: Travelers will uncover the legacy behind the Dominican Republic’s gastronomy as they participate in a hands-on cooking class led by a local chef. Guests will prepare and enjoy Sancocho, a meal that embodies the island’s culture using fresh ingredients and traditional utensils.
- Cozumel’s Coral Reef Ecosystem: A marine biologist and founding partner of the Cozumel Coral Restoration Program will take guests on an educational adventure through Cozumel, Mexico’s coral reefs and mangroves. Guests will snorkel to see the beauty of the colourful coral structures. They will have the opportunity to contribute to the coastal ecosystem by planting seeds in the Mangrove tidal pools.
Additional National Geographic Day Tours offered by Azamara include:
- Taste of Tradition, a Journey Through Emirati Cuisine in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- A Journey into Emirati Perfumery in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- An Emirati Cultural Feast in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
The post Azamara Enhances Land Programming with National Geographic Guided Excursions appeared first on Brand TD.