The post Majestic Princess Wins Good Housekeeping 2024 Family Travel Award appeared first on TD (Travel Daily Media) Brand TD.
Princess Cruises, the undisputed leader in Alaskan excursions, has won the Good Housekeeping 2024 Family Travel Awards for its Majestic Princess Alaska sailings.
The respected award recognises Princess Cruises’ leadership in crafting fantastic family summer holidays in Alaska’s stunning environment. The cruise company has routinely transported more families to this must-see destination than any other, owing to its unparalleled expertise and dedication.
Experts of the Good Housekeeping Institute spent eight months examining hundreds of entries to discover the best family vacation options. When choosing the winner, the judges considered standout picks for every trip preference and budget.
Travel agents, travel editors, engineers, product analysts, and scientists chose the winners, and over 100 travel testers were recruited to provide first-hand feedback. Testers visited destinations to offer input on family friendliness, service level, facilities, activities, inclusivity, sustainability, and more.
“Being recognised by the highly regarded and established experts at Good Housekeeping for our Alaska sailings onboard Majestic Princess is extremely gratifying and confirms that guests place a premium on exceptional family programming found on board our ships and ashore in Alaska, as well as the elevated levels of guest service families find on every Princess ship,” said Terry Thornton, the chief commercial officer of Princess Cruises. “We just received our highest guest satisfaction ratings from our 2023 Alaska season and look forward to celebrating our 55th anniversary in 2024, continuing to deliver what we believe is a must-do family vacation.”
The Majestic Princess, with a capacity of 3,560 guests, is one of seven family-friendly Princess ships sailing to Alaska in 2024. Majestic Princess, a Royal Class ship, offers breathtaking design, elegance, and distinctive Princess amenities such as Movies Under the Stars, a bustling Piazza, freshwater pools, hot tubs, and a SeaWalk over-the-ocean glass walkway.
Majestic Princess has unique amenities such as a Hollywood Conservatory tranquil top-deck retreat, noodle bar, and Harmony restaurant, which serves delicious options from Michelin-star chef Richard Chen.
When visiting Alaska, families prefer Princess above any other cruise company to see untamed nature, stunning glaciers, and up-close wildlife. Eighty-six visits to Glacier Bay National Park will highlight the forthcoming season. Cruises to Alaska with Princess are ideal for families of all sizes and ages, with award-winning itineraries and authentic onboard activities that bring the destination to life.
Here are Princess’ top five reasons for families to sail to Alaska:
- Camp Discovery – In partnership with Discovery for younger cruisers, ages 3-17, Princess has developed engaging programming and wonder-filled centres designed for youth and teens. In Alaska, a Junior Ranger Program features Glacier Bay Park Rangers and Naturalists to offer colourful commentary to bring the scenic beauty and wildlife all around to life. With a multitude of planned activities, crafts, video games and movies, parents can enjoy a date night while the kids have a blast with new friends – there is even after-hours babysitting.
- Top Shore Excursions – Popular tours in the port include flightseeing on seaplanes in Ketchikan, musher’s camp and dog-sledding experiences in Juneau and Skagway, whale watching, discovering glaciers by helicopter, and seeing bears catching and eating salmon; hundreds of authentic experiences await.
- Culinary Delights – Featuring an industry-first, location-based seafood initiative, “Wild for Alaska Seafood” offers 30 seafood dishes with featured items every night in all main dining rooms, serving varieties of salmon, cod, halibut, Dungeness crab and more. Plus, families rave about the mouthwatering Gelato that is hand-crafted onboard, casual options at the International Café featuring sandwiches and pastries, a selection of coffees and smoothies, quick-service pizza, burgers and more.
- The Princess MedallionClass Experience – Effortless and personalized vacations start with the cruise line’s innovative Medallion, the quarter-sized, wearable device enabling everything from keyless room entry to locating family members anywhere on the ship, as well as enhanced services like having whatever is needed, delivered anywhere on the ship. It allows families to spend more time connecting with each other and doing what they love on vacation.
- Authentic and Captivating Entertainment – The “North to Alaska” enrichment program brings together local culture to immerse guests in the region’s history and traditions, like Puppies in the Piazza offering an up-close-and-personal look at sled dog puppies. In addition, with dazzling entertainment, from Broadway-style shows to magicians and comedians, families create lasting memories of laughing, singing and being wowed together.
Princess has an array of staterooms to comfortably accommodate three to four guests, plus a variety of connecting staterooms, which are a family favourite. Rates for the 2024 Alaska cruise season start as low as $249 per person* for a family of four sharing a stateroom.
The 2024 Alaska season features 158 departures on 14 unique itineraries, highlighted by five glacier viewing experiences that are offered next summer. Families can depart from four convenient home ports, including Anchorage (Whittier), San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver, B.C.
Princess offers a unique variety of cruise tours for families looking to explore more of Alaska, combining a seven-day “Voyage of the Glaciers” cruise with an extended three to 10 nights on land, staying at exclusive Princess Wilderness Lodges.
The post Majestic Princess Wins Good Housekeeping 2024 Family Travel Award appeared first on Brand TD.